Welcome to Korgalzhyn!
Korgalzhyn national reserve has been nominated to the list of UNESCO World Heritage. Ancient steppes and lakes are habitat for wolves, wild boars and saiga, numerous species of birds.
Local lakes are places of concentration of large number of birds (15 million birds can feed themselves only on Tegiz lake), especially in spring and summer (from mid of April till October). Korgalzhyn reserve is a house for the northernmost population of pink flamingo, which inhabit these places from May till October.
Korgalzhyn village, which is located 45 kilometers away from reserve, is a good place to start your trip to the region. There is an SPA (Scientific Production Association) “Rodnik”, which organizes ecological trips and accommodation in guest houses, which will also help you get acquainted with wild nature of the region, have rest, go fishing to the bait and cook a fish-soup.
Before entering the reserve, all visitors must registrar in the administration and pay appropriate fee. Citizens of Kazakhstan and CIS countries must have the copy of ID card and RNN; foreign visitors should have an ID document with them. To visit the reserve, you should call the administration in advance, and inform them about your intention to visit; phone number is: 8-31637-21 650
Working schedule: 9:30-13:00, 14:30-17:30 from Monday to Friday.
Services and prices on ecological sight of Korgalzhyn
|Populated area (village)||Korgalzhyn|
|4 guest houses, in each 4-12 places|
|Astana (airport, train station – 200 km), Korgalzhyn (bus - 1000 KZT), Taxi (3000 KZT)
|Seasonal stay||4-9 months|
|6000 KZT, all facilities are inside the house|
|UNESCO World Natural Heritage: Tengiz and Korgalzhyn Lakes |
|Sport and winter fishing, bicycle tours|
|1) +7 701 6028751, +7 716 3721043 email@example.com (Lyudmila Luft);
2)+7 716 3721159, +7 701 6092553, (Yuri Shabarshov);
3) +7 71637 21064, +7 701 6224800, firstname.lastname@example.org (Timur Iskakov);
4) +7 716 3721097, email@example.com, +7 702 4536128 (Bibinur Alimzhanova)
5) +7 701 5508295, Ostapenko.firstname.lastname@example.org, (Gennady Ostapenko)
How to get there
From Astana by bus or small bus
- Four times a day, at certain times there is a bus service between Astana city and Korgalzhyn village; there are busses and mini busses (Gazel model). The trip takes 2-2,5 hours.
- You can buy tickets (cost from 350 tg one way) on the bus station; they usually open half hour before the bus leaves; you can also buy them in advance.
- As an alternative, you can take a taxi, which leaves to Korgalzhyn village from train station in Astana between 11:00 and 13:00 hours. It will cost from 700 tg, or 3,000 tg, if you want to go without passengers.
- Administration of the reserve provides a car, which brings tourists to the reserve. Considering big territory of the reserve, good knowledge of region and places of inhabitance of birds and animals is very important for the driver
You can also plan and book a trip to Korgalzhyn in Scientific Production Association of ecotourism: email@example.com, or in Scientific Production Association “Rodnik”. Tel: 8 (31637) 21043, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org